We are seeking a Technical Business Analyst (BA) to support our client engagements, supporting various clients in Metro Detroit and elsewhere.
Our Technical Business Analyst has the exciting job of getting everyone else excited! This includes our clients and internal teams. Our Technical BA has engaging conversations with our clients to uncover (sometimes akin to archeology!) the Who, What, Why – the users and the user goals – of every solution. Our team members are highly skilled, with a diverse set of skillset who seek to solve business problems. He or she will seek to understand the industry, the function, the business, the organization, the data, the tools, the systems, and business process, and develop an understanding of how the data supports the business objectives.
The successful candidate must be a highly personable individual with a boardroom presence, the desire to gently yet firmly keep a focus on the business objectives, and be able to ask thought-provoking questions to reveal the Who, What, Why. The candidate must be able to build trust and relationships, and lead and guide our clients to see the value in business-focused solutions. He or she must roll up sleeves to get into data to complete data discovery and profiling, mapping, documentation, and system/tool analysis and design.
In an iterative and agile environment, the Technical Business Analyst will lead clients in user goal oriented requirements definition and translation of those requirements into prioritized users and user goals (the Who, What, Why) – through thoughtful, planned, and engaging discussions following the Incite approach, with the following responsibilities:
- working closely with the Analytics UI/UX Designer and the client to collaboratively design high-end wireframes to meet user goals. He or she will advocate for enablement of user goals throughout development cycles
- documenting the users and user goals in the Incite standards and the metrics and dimensions/attributes in a Business Dimensional Model
- determining through analysis and documenting source-to-target definitions and logic/calculations and the Requirements Document
- seeking to understand how organizational influences support or prohibit progress, and diligently and politely works through the process, with tenacity and integrity
- working directly with the development team to communicate and document requirements, design, and develop the solution, and engage with development team members to elicit internal alignment and excitement around the Who, What, Why
- creating and executing on test plans for data accuracy, logic definition, aesthetics, and function, documenting bugs and driving to closure
- managing project tasks, assignments, milestones, and timelines, and communicating plans internally and externally.
- Active listening
- Intuitive skills for observation of organizational influences and capability to apply learnings to make progress
- Critical thinking to assimilate conversations, documentation, and knowledge into meaningful outputs
- Data profiling, discovery, analysis, and mapping
- Project management experience
- Capability to document and communicate high-level through detailed requirements in high polish delivery
- High conversation and communication skills – both written (for email, documentation, presentations, etc.) and verbally (on video / phone meetings or in person) to continually define and evangelize the Who, What, Why
- Experience with discussions, specifically around the elicitation of business requirements from senior business leaders to managers, analysts, and line operators
- Experience with integrating with development teams through the development process
- Experience developing and executing test plans and seeking resolution
- Experience with establishing and managing requirements backlog / future phases
- Experience with extracting data (through SQL, Excel, etc.) for testing, analysis, documentation, and communication
- Experience using and analyzing various data visualization tools (MicroStrategy / Qlik / PowerBI / Tableau)
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum)
- Experience with data visualization techniques
- Experience with translating high-level business requirements into meaningful, visual wireframes
- Familiarity with wireframing with tools such as Pencil, Balsamiq, PowerPoint, Photoshop, etc.
- Business Intelligence Experience / MicroStrategy / Qlik / PowerBI / Tableau experience
- Understanding of and experience with the capabilities of data visualization tools and data acquisition techniques
- Travel may be required