We are seeking an experienced Data Engineer and Data Scientist to build the architecture of our amazing solutions, and to enable insights through advanced data science. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of experience in an enterprise environment. He or she must be able to work autonomously with a high-level of attention to detail and constant drive to grow their skill set.
The Data Engineer and Data Scientist is a Problem-Solver, the Hub of the Solution, Makes Sense of the Data, and Tells the Data Story. He or she is inquisitive, asks questions of others and of the data, works through hypotheses, and ensures the business context is kept in focus.
The successful candidate must be diligent, careful, and keen with a variety of technologies while enjoying and thriving when interacting with business leaders and users. He or she must be creative and curious and seek to design and build highly complex solutions that solve business problems, ones the ensure user adoption and organizational change as a result of having those problems solved.
The Data Engineer and Data Scientist:
- builds the data mapping, logic, business rules, and calculations into the solution.
- ingests the data and through technical solutioning, and through a high quality and complex yet elegant solution, enables data to be made available to applications and business users in a form that maps to the WWW and the vision.
- uses a multitude of technologies, specifically chosen to meet use cases, client needs (technical, political, business, other), and budget constraints to answer business questions.
- is or works closely with the Solution Architect to document and visualize solution components, communicates the detail and able to aggregate it up to an executive (and every other) level as necessary.
- champions and defends data ingestion design.
- supports storytelling to help win more business.
- understands business context to ideate and formulate questions of the business and data.
- curates the final data sets for analysis and model design.
- analyzes potential variables for impact and inclusion.
- aligns to outcomes and business objectives.
- designs test plans to assess impact and future decisioning.
Skillset and Qualifications Needed:
- 5-10 years of advanced data engineering experience
- 3-5 years of advanced data science and statistical knowledge and experience
- Very strong SQL skills
- Advanced development experience with a variety of analytics tools such as MicroStrategy, Qlik (QlikView / Qlik Sense), Tableau, PowerBI, R, Python, MATLAB
- Advanced Data Integration experience in tools such as Databricks, SSIS, Scala, Java, Alteryx, Pentaho Data Integrator (PDI)
- Strong comprehension of data modeling principles and concepts
- Understands and adheres to development standards and best practices
- Strong communication skills, both internally and externally, from Developers to Business Users and Leaders
- Proactive problem solver with a high degree of business acumen
- Healthcare or Automotive industry experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Analytics, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field.
- Travel may be required
- Combination of onsite with clients, in Northville office, and remote location